It is set to CROSS OF JESUS by John Stainer, click here.
Race Completed, Battle Over
1. Race completed, battle over,
time for my departure near –
I am yielded as an offr’ing,
but I go without a fear.
2. Fought the good fight, Jesus’ battle,
stayed the course right to the end –
I have kept the faith delivered;
on my Lord I will depend.
3. Crown of righteousness awaits me
which the righteous judge, my Lord,
will award me on that great day,
ever faithful to his word.
4. Not to me alone this honour,
others, too, this crown have won –
‘Tis for all who loved th’ appearance
of the Father’s only Son.
5. Christ my Lord, my great deliv’rer,
Saviour, King, who sets me free –
he will rescue me from evil
for his kingdom, heavenly.
6. Let us praise our God eternal,
bless him ever and again,
give him glory, now, forever,
for his grace. Amen, Amen.
Text: 2 Timothy 4:6,7,18; vers. George Ph. van Popta, © 2010
Tune: CROSS OF JESUS, John Stainer, 1887
Metre: 87 87