1. It is finished! Do not forget this word, my heart, that He once said. My soul, recall that it was for you He died. For you He suffered, He was crucified. Remember Him who one time perished, who cried aloud: It is finished!
2. It is finished! It was foretold by faithful prophets from of old. Find solace in the wounds of Jesus Christ who, for the sin of man, was sacrificed. What God in ages past established, our Lord fulfilled. It is finished!
3. It is finished! All satisfied: the Father lays His wrath aside. Our peace is won and God's demands were met. Our Saviour, Christ, has paid our ev'ry debt. We should not fear for He on Calv'ry bled to make us whole. It is finished!
4. It is finished! What must I do to add to what was done by You? No work, no deed, for what You did for me has earned me life with You, eternally. Henceforth, I'll follow Jesus Christ, my head. I am reborn. It is finished!
5. It is finished! I am set free. I praise my Lord so joyfully. All sin and death are by Your pow'r removed and I am by the Holy Ghost renewed. Although I falter and feel vanquished yet this I know: It is finished!
6. It is finished! Do not forget this word, my heart, that He once said and let it serve you now and all your life. Hold on to Christ throughout the bitter strife. Do stay with Him and you'll be comforted, for He once said: It is finished!